1) How do I sign up for the workshop?
To reserve a spot in the workshops, you first must make a non-refundable deposit (usually $50). This deposit guarantees you a spot in the comedy class and the rest of the payment (usually$125) can be made on the first day of workshops. Contact us at email@example.com or 602-374-5638.
2) How do I pay for the workshop?
We take cash, check, and / or all major credit cards. Would you like to trade something? I hope its something good.
3) I put in my $50 non-refundable deposit for a workshop, but now I can no longer take the workshop? Do I get my deposit back?
Unfortunately no. That is why we call it the non-refundable deposit... because it can not be refunded to you once you have signed up and secured your spot in a comedy class at National Comedy Theatre. The reason for this? We take a limited number of students into each workshop. If a student cancels or does not show, we end up with an empty slot that would have been sold, resulting in a loss for the theatre. So please check your calendars to see if you can make it to all the workshops.
4) If I pay my deposit and can't make it to the workshops, can I apply the deposit to a future workshop?
Unfortunately, we cannot apply a deposit to another class.
5) How old must you be to take the NCT workshops?
You must be 18 years or older to participate. Exceptions are only made by National Comedy Theatre's Managers.
6) My son / daughter is under the age limit but has many years of acting experience. Can you make the exception for my son / daughter to participate your workshop?
7) Who teaches the workshops?
The instructors for the workshops are the professional improivsers and comedians who regularly perform at National Comedy Theatre. Instructors Dorian Lenz and Krissy Lenz are Managers and Directors of National Comedy Theatre Phoenix and have preformed all over the country and all over the world. Each has more than 17 years of performance experience, 7-10 years of teaching, 6-10 years of directing and have taught hundreds of kids, teens, adults and seniors across the country.
8) Who usually take the workshops?
For Level 1, we get all kinds of people! From inspiring actors who want to brush up on their improv skills to people in business who want to build up their confidence with their clients. We also get people who just want to learn for fun! People that take Level 2 and 3 are people who want to continue to learn about improv comedy. Some of the people that have taken the workshops are now our performers at National Comedy Theatre!
9) I have taken other improv workshops from another place. Can I skip Level 1 and go to Level 2?
You would be surprised how many people ask this question. While you may have previous experience, we ask that everyone start at level 1. We spend a lot of time in class working on our approach to improv, and while you may have had some experience with this, we want everyone in the group to be on the same page and speak the same language.
If you have any questions, please call us at 602.374.5638